Slow Cooked Pot Roast
We know that you’re cooking a lot at home right now, so we are going to start posting some of our favorite recipe videos in case you want to follow along at home! You can watch on IGTV or Facebook too. 🙌🍻🥩
Here is our recipe for a Slow Cooked Pot Roast. Feeds 4-5 people.
- 2.5lb Chuck Roast
- 1 Cup Dry Red Wine
- 1 Quart 32oz Beef Broth Or Stock
- ¼ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ Cup Tomato Paste
- ¼ Cup Fresh Thyme
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cups Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 Cup Diced Celery
- 1 Cup Diced Carrot
- 1 Cup Diced Fennel
- ¼ Cup Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil Alternatives Canola, Grape Seed, Avocado Oil
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, preheat oil over medium heat in Dutch oven or large pot, season the chuck roast aggressively with salt and pepper and sear both sides to a dark golden brown, remove the chuck roast and add onion, carrot, celery and fennel, sauté vegetables until translucent, season with salt and pepper and add minced garlic and tomato paste, sauté for 3 minutes then add red wine and scrape the bottom of the pan.
2. Once wine has reduced by 50% add thyme, bay leaves, beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, allow mixture to come to a simmer then add chuck roast back into braising liquid, cover with a lid and place in 350 degree oven for 2.5hrs or until fork tender.
Everything in the video is available at Valley Farm Market. ENJOY!