Grocery Clerk/Stock Clerk
At Valley Farm Market La Jolla, we strive to provide our customers with an unparalleled experience. From our carefully sourced products to our commitment to building relationships with our customers, we are leading the way in redefining the retail experience. We are currently searching for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the Grocery Department. As an integral part of our team, you will play a vital role in merchandising our retail sales floor and creating an inviting atmosphere for our customers. This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to make a career in the retail world and develop with a company that is dedicated to providing excellence in service and products. If you are passionate about creating special connections with customers and helping to curate a unique retail atmosphere, we would love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- 50% off Kitchen Meals during Shift
- 20% off grocery items
- HUGE opportunities for growth
What You Will Do:
- Greet, welcome, and assist customers
- Register sales by utilizing touch screen point of sale system
- Collect cash, checks and credit card payments from customers
- Sort and bag groceries
- Assist in keeping the store tidy, adhering to our strict cleanliness standards
- Take orders for food over the phone and in person
What You Will Bring:
- Customer service, grocery, or retail experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work and communicate successfully with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Be able to perform all physical aspects of the position, such as bending, standing, squatting, climbing and walking, and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to function as a team member and get along with others.
- Punctuality and Dependability are a must.
- Positive attitude
- Bubbly personality
- Health conscious
- Warm and inviting disposition
- Eagerness to learn
Valley Farm Market is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to EqualEmployment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.